6.06.2009

If Anyone Asks



If anyone asks how I became the way I am, I will tell them: it is you

Back then nothing known, a blank canvas, I recall
How I would be quick to take, hesitant to give
Evidence shown a boy would have a lot to learn
Though it's apparent you are the model of how He needs me to be
The lessons you've taught go far beyond my understanding
Your caring nature seldom seen among many I meet
The purpose of life you've shown me means much more than
Anything I could have known, before your love
Many people have come and gone, but you, you're still here
Through the worst of arguments, and throughout my progression
You remained constant, you've always been constant-ly
On my back, for me to scold doubt and give my best
So manifest, anything I do is gold to you at the least
Even if I fail nothing more was asked than my effort
It's not what I prove that counts, but better: what I could show
And that's what separates you from all the others!
Each day in life with you you make me that much stronger
I know you count on me, to let you know, I feel the same
I know I can count on you until the end of eternity
How could I ever set you aside, you cant be replaced
No tragedy or tempest can set us East and West
Blessed me with humor and smiles, a full commitment
You even quit your day job just so we could spend more time
I know I leave you lonely, we live in what seems two separate worlds
But I carry around your spirit, wherever I go
Along with that, the memories plus how you shaped me
You witnessed history, as I crossed bridges from boy to man
From day one, you've shown me more than a tender love
You are the one which all others are most certainly judged
You held my hand whenever, I got sick
You were there for every event even if, you were sick
You make grilled cheese and hot cocoa whenever it snows
We inspire ourselves, you know, we're both artists
When I act silly, you're always one up on the silly
Im so at ease with you, you're always in a cheery mood
You've carried me across both literally and figuratively
Collectively we've experienced many heartbreaks
But I promise, although I've yet to find another love...
I am your product, and it will happen!

You took my picture, on the first day of school
Even back then, you were more than the person I admired
No matter what I did, I always had a number one fan
You taught me properly how to be there for another
So when I find Miss Right, I can show the same love that my mother
Showed me, as a child, you held me in your arms and
When I have kids, I want to raise them just like you did
And if one day they ask: 'Dad, how did you become the way you are'?
I will tell them: ask your grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment