1.01.2006

A Little Late



I know I'm a little late, but thank God I found you
Because the way you've redefined the way I think "she fine"
Has deeply null and voided all my superficial times
God delayed your flight to me
But that didn't slay my feelings for thee
He’s making me fight to see, a place for us to grow
To emerge from all of this as the hero you go home to
No broom could ever sweep up, no towel could seep up
What I've spilled to you: my guts, I know you think I'm nuts
But God as my witness there is a reason for all of this
While you go home to him, this goes without lie
You call it eye shadow, I call it black eyes
Love has invaded your mind with brutal disguise
And you stick by him because you're dedicated right?
I know it's proper giving respect where respect due
But you and him together is like the devil living inside of you
And the devil doesn’t want to see you happy, unlike the angels
So, should I just gel and watch Satan cast his evil spells
Because is he the best with you I cannot tell from his criminal record
Look, not trying to lecture, call me your protector if nothing else
My mindset: I wouldn't know what to expect if I had you
Had you in my arms? have our angels carry us to the skies
Heaven is near when I look into your eyes
I hope these bad guys get put in their place, until they finally know
What they have and know exactly how to treat it, they can't see it
Their problems are like a veil and your glow becomes dark
But above all, just let me state this...
Even if there isn't a place in your heart for me
I wouldn't mind being just a little bit late, to see you finally be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment