1.01.2006

Pour



Pour the pain on me like boiling water on the charcoal
Watch as my skin cells divide apart from what used to be sain
Now they glide away, as if they are scattering and scurrying to a new home
Fleeing from doom, as some trip and deplete like the bull runners
The death and decay of many is an artistic reminder that not everything can scab over
For instance, your words are more than words...
When you speak the words I love, I am diving into an abyss of a million soothing pillows on the hottest day of July

I feel a front when you front and now the rain is coming down
I feel empty, without, lacking, no love
It's just me and the stratus skies, day becomes night, darkness and gloom, I wish I could hold you soon!
I miss you; I didn't mean to hurt you yesterday!
But there you go again, now you vanish into an ominous panic that persists
The more dirt you drawl up is like that boiling water on charcoal
As the steam rises upward, I feel the expulsion of my soul
You must forgive me every once in a while, cant be perfect
Pour on the mercy, I thought you said our arguments were worth it

But this doesn’t make sense anymore as I am still fantasizing
Silly me for being the one with my tongue tantalizing
Despising the ones trying to steal you away, how jealous am I?
Thinking at any moment you could move on like a fly
Oh God!
But the part that hurts the most is
It's all just a mirage...
And we still argue, about what? You’ve been my good friend for years
I ask you out, you shut me down, but can't a boy still dream?
I slide under the covers into that world, where I just can't wait to go
I've waited all day to sleep so I could endure the next episode
As the perfect couple we've yet to become, pour these images inside
Sometimes good, sometimes bad, I never pray for nightmares
But who cares, the next night, I get to start all over again
Should be right but its wrong, I don't even recall your name
Infact, I know I know you, and we've been through so much
I remember years ago we promised always to keep in touch
And so far we have, almost every night, I have been trying
But sometimes I get caught up with all these R.E.M.s
And insomnia, thinking "I can't see my lady tonight"
I try not to let my sanity follow when I turn out the light
I hold the pillow close, pouring all my imagination
Praying for the day I'll actually meet you in person

No comments:

Post a Comment